Be part of a growing Employee Owned Company! American Mechanical Services (AMS) is a dynamic organization focused on the long term management of HVACR, Plumbing and Control Systems in commercial, industrial and institutional properties. The AMS Denver branch has been serving the Front Range of Colorado since 1980, through our customer commitment AMS has grown into one of the largest and most respected Mechanical Contractors in the region. Our employees enjoy competitive salaries, full benefits, relaxed work environment, stability; most of our employees have 10+ years of tenure. We are always looking for the best and brightest people to join our team, who are dedicated to growth and providing excellent customer experiences.
Position Summary: BAS Technician
Our controls division provides Honeywell Webs control retrofits, open system integration services, commissioning, energy analytics and control system maintenance agreements.
We are seeking a BAS Technician to supervise or install control projects within the design and fiscal parameters set forth by the Project Agreements. Duties will include subcontractor supervision, installation, on site representation and system commissioning. Tasks will include system programming, installation coordination, integration to 3rd party systems, owner training and project closeout documentation.
- Interpretation of existing and new control, mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Generate installation drawings using Microsoft Visio or AutoCAD.
- Supervise on site project progress, reporting project progress and issues to the Lead Tech, PM, and System Development team as needed.
- Installation of controllers, communications wiring, conduit and field devices in workman like manner.
- Attend project specific progress meetings as needed and forward pertinent information to PM.
- Submit daily work tickets to PM describing site conditions, accomplishments and project obstacles.
- Perform project specific commissioning and maintain standard and/or required commissioning documentation.
- Analyze and resolve issues in order to ensure proper system operation.
- Performs preventative maintenance and diagnostics on automation system and components according to service agreement contracts.
- Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders and lift and carry 50 pounds
- The job requires walking, standing, driving, sitting, squatting, kneeling, reaching overhead, twisting and turning
- Provides technical support, and direction to end-users and employees when applicable.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with our customers, vendors and co-workers
- 2-5 years of BAS controls experience to include: Building Automation Systems, DDC, EMS and building operations. Experience with Honeywell controls a plus.
- Good working knowledge of DDC systems: Industry standards like Honeywell, Johnson, Automated Logic, Trane, Carrier etc.
- Good working knowledge of standard protocols such as LON, BACnet and Modbus
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be authorized to work in US
- Commercial HVAC trouble shooting skills
- Proficient with test meters and wiring diagrams.
- Hydronic or Pneumatic experience a plus
- Programming and commissioning experience.
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with MS-Office products (Word, Excel).
- Knowledge of HVAC systems, pumps, towers, chillers, metering system steam, electric, CO, air flows, VAV systems, etc.
- Possess a thorough understanding of control theory and control concepts.
- Computer Experience (Upgrades, replacement, software, hardware, knowledge of networking and system configuration)
- Possess strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Ability to explain technical information to nontechnical people
- Ability to work independently with minimal instruction and supervision
- Must have a clean DMV record.
- Must be able to pass a drug test and background checks.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Strong Base Rate Compensation
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) with a great vesting schedule
- Health Plan- Multiple options regarding PPO and HMO's
- Dental Plan
- Life Insurance
- Vision Plan
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Blanket Travel Accident
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- 401-K Plan Company Match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company Vehicle and Phone
- Paid Professional Development Training
Note: Listed benefits are brief and general in nature and not complete. Summary Plan Descriptions should be consulted for full details.
Submit resume via email to: