Adolfson & Peterson Construction, one of the nation’s top contractors, is recruiting for an experienced Assistant Superintendent for our Mountain States region. We combine more than 70 years of construction expertise with the newest technologies in order to meet our clients' needs. We serve owners, architects, and developers with a commitment to teamwork and quality and are constantly looking for people to help us achieve our company goals.
This position is responsible for assisting the Project Manager and Superintendent with assigned projects, including helping to coordinate field operations, site safety, productivity, schedule, quality work, and trade and supplier coordination.
Because safety is paramount to AP and embedded into everything we do, all team members are responsible for working safely within our Incident and Injury Free culture.
Key Accountabilities for this position include:
- Assist with managing on-site construction activities. Understand all the plans, specifications, and project details. Help with scheduling and procuring tools, equipment, and materials and ensure that the trade contractors meet the schedule while performing quality work.
- Aid in the coordination, review, and control of all project cost codes, budgets, and production units for the project.
- Troubleshoot jobsite challenges and offer innovative solutions. Document all corrections, changes, and requests.
- Help create site-specific safety plans that strive for Zero Injury on all projects. Assist with monitoring compliance and performance.
- Provide assistance to other departments with the pre-construction and planning phases.
- Maintain a Zero Punchlist by establishing a punchlist process and close-out procedures with the Project Manager, owner, and architect before trade contractor work begins.
- Assist with procuring future projects while helping build client loyalty.
Job Requirements include:
- High school diploma or equivalent plus 2 or more years of related field experience. Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, or related field, trade experience, and K-12, higher education, and office experience preferred.
- Knowledge of and connection with local and regional construction networks.
- Familiarity with construction management software such as Prolog, MS Project, Excel, AutoCad and project management software.
- Solid understanding of building plans and specifications, value engineering, and life cycle costing.
- Ability to travel to project sites. Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously under time constraints.
- Developed oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus
Adolfson & Peterson Construction is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer